Cataracts affect the way you live your life. As a cataract progresses, the eye’s lens becomes clouded, making it harder for you to read, drive, or perform other daily activities. Cataracts do not have to be a daily burden. Cataract surgery is a simple procedure that will have you back to performing your daily activities in no time.
Cataract surgery is the most common surgery performed in the U.S. During this procedure, the clouded lens is removed and replaced with an intraocular lens implant (IOL). This permanent lens will restore your vision and can decrease your dependence on glasses or contacts, making it easier and more enjoyable to do the things you love.
IOL Options Available at Illinois Eye Center
There are many different IOL options, and your cataract eye surgeon will work with you to choose the right one for your lifestyle and vision needs. At Illinois Eye Center, we customize our cataract procedures based on your lifestyle preferences. Our customized cataract packages include:
- Basic Cataract Package: This package uses the Basic Monofocal IOL, which is designed to deliver great distance vision without glasses. This package is usually covered by Medicare or other insurance programs and has the financial advantage of no extra out-of-pocket charges above normal co-pays and deductibles.
- Astigmatism Package: This package is designed specifically for patients with astigmatism. The upgraded Toric Monofocal IOL is designed to reduce astigmatism and significantly lessen the need for glasses for distance vision.
- Presbyopia Package: This package is designed specifically for patients with or without astigmatism who wish to reduce or eliminate their dependence on glasses for distance and near vision. The upgraded Aspheric Multifocal or Accommodating IOL offers the possibility of seeing well at more than one distance after cataract surgery.
*There are additional out-of-pocket costs beyond what Medicare or insurance pays associated with the Astigmatism and Presbyopia Packages.
The Long-Term Benefits
Cataract surgery improves your overall quality of life. It postively impacts the activities you perform each day, like reading, working, driving, and any other hobbies you may have. Some other common long-term benefits of cataract surgery include:
- Less dependence on glasses or contacts
- Improved self-confidence
- Increased ability to perform daily activities
Cataract surgery is a simple procedure that provides you with numerous long-term benefits. If your cataracts are making your daily life difficult, it may be time to consider cataract surgery. By restoring your vision, you'll be able to enjoy your favorite activities again in no time.
Contact Illinois Eye Center at (309) 243-2400 or visit our website for more information on cataract surgery and IOL options.