Welcome to 2018. It’s a new year and the perfect time to think about getting LASIK eye surgery. We all make resolutions during this time of year (to join a challenging fitness class, become more organized and deadline-driven, quit smoking, spend more time with family, etc.), but despite our best intentions many of our resolutions get forgotten about throughout the year.
This year, make a resolution that’s easy to keep with LASIK eye surgery. Are you tired of the hassle of dealing with contacts or eyeglasses? Imagine waking up in the morning and being able to read the numbers on your alarm clock without having to reach for your glasses. LASIK not only enhances your vision, but also your personal performance during game time or workouts, and your overall quality of life.
LASIK is an elective surgery, which means insurance won't cover its cost. But, let's take a moment to consider the potential long-term savings that come with LASIK. In 20 years, LASIK could cost less than the total cost of purchasing and maintaining eyeglasses, contact lenses and any necessary supplies. Plus, there's the convenience of improved vision without the need for hardware.
Start thinking about how much more you could enjoy 2018 without having to worry about:
- Bringing your glasses everywhere with you
- Losing your contacts
- Scratching or breaking your glasses
- Buying new contacts, glasses or cleaning solutions
- Taking your contacts out at night
LASIK eye surgery is a permanent solution to the restrictions poor vision has placed on your life. It can improve your eyesight whether you have myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), presbyopia (the gradual loss of your eyes’ ability to focus on nearby objects) or astigmatism. With almost immediate results, it’s a quick, pain-free procedure and ultimately worth every penny.
Before you decide to commit to LASIK eye surgery, it’s important that you take some time to do research. Here are some tips that will help you in your search:Attend one of Illinois Eye Center’s LASIK seminars: Each month, Illinois Eye Center offers a free, informational LASIK seminar.
- One of our LASIK eye surgeons will explain what LASIK is, what to expect from a procedure, and who is a potential candidate. Everyone who attends the seminar receives $500 off their LASIK procedure and at the end of the seminar, a free LASIK procedure will be given away to one of the seminar attendees.
- Read patient materials: Read all the materials you can get your hands on. Illinois Eye Center has a ton of information available for download. Click here to get your copy of our eBook, Is LASIK Right for Me? Making the Decision.
- Get referrals: Ask your regular eye care practitioner for a referral. Tell them that you want the best LASIK eye surgeon in the area. Ask friends and family who have had LASIK for their opinion. Getting referrals will help narrow down your choices from the get-go.
- Research the technology different LASIK eye surgeons use: You’ll want to find the latest form of blade-free LASIK treatment available today. Illinois Eye Center uses the WaveLight® Refractive Suite – the most advanced and efficient laser system for laser vision correction in the United States. It includes the WaveLight® EX500 excimer laser, WaveLight® FS200 femtosecond laser and swiveling patient bed. These three technologies work together to produce faster results with the most precise outcomes available.
Take all your time and figure out what you want out of your LASIK experience and make a resolution that you can keep. For more information on LASIK, visit our website today and sign up for one of our free LASIK seminars.
Disclaimer: LASIK not typically performed for corrective prescription >9 diopters, or on patients over the age of 60 due to the possible onset of cataracts. There are alternatives for those in the above categories having visual problems. Please schedule a routine eye appointment with one of our ophthalmologists to discuss your vision concerns. Call (309) 243-2400.