Fillers are a kind of one-stop shop in the world of aesthetics. Dermal fillers, as they’re often called, use either synthetic or naturally-derived material like hyaluronic acid to support your skin and recreate youthful contours that may have been erased due to age, environmental influence, or other factors. Dermal fillers can help you:
- Achieve the lip augmentation you’ve always wanted
- Erase the thin vertical lines around your lips
- Smooth out laugh lines
- Add fullness to your cheek and under-eye areas
- Lessen the visual impact of acne scars
- Create a more youthful you
Some are created using synthetic materials, while others, like those used at Aesthetics, harness the power of compounds your body naturally creates on its own. There is also the question of molecule size; fillers with smaller molecules are ideal for detailed jobs and limited areas, while fillers with larger molecules may be more suitable for areas like your cheeks. The talented providers at Aesthetics at Illinois Eye Center can help you determine which product is right for your unique physiology and desired results.
Here’s a quick rundown of the fillers we offer:
- Juvéderm® XC: Juvederm is an injectable gel filler most often used to soften facial lines that are moderate to severe in nature. These may include the so-called “parentheses” that frame the lips and nose—a.k.a. “smile lines.”
- Juvéderm® Voluma® XC: This offering from Juvederm’s portfolio helps combat the loss of volume many people experience in their cheeks. As we age, our production of collagen and hyaluronic acid slows, resulting in progressive sagging and, in some cases, a sunken look. Juvederm Voluma XC helps re-contour cheeks, lifting and restoring volume in the process.
- Juvéderm® Volbella®: Volbella is a relative newcomer, gaining FDA approval in 2016. It’s known as the “lip gloss” filler and is clinically shown to increase lip fullness and effectively soften fine lines that radiate out from the lip line.
- *NEW*Juvéderm® Vollure®: Vollure just hit the market after garnering its FDA approval in early 2017. In clinical trials, Vollure improved the appearance of moderate to severe nasolabial folds and marionette lines. Results lasted as long as 18 months—about 6 months longer than many other fillers available today.
- Restylane®: Restylane uses hyaluronic acid to plump up nasolabial folds , as well as a multitude of other areas, evening out moderate to severe facial lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the sides of the nose.
- Restylane® Lyft: Restylane Lyft is an injectable hyaluronic acid compound used to restore volume to cheeks. The results are natural, youthful contours with less sagging and wrinkling.
- Restylane® Silk: Another of Restylane’s hyaluronic-based injectables, Silk is specifically designed for use in and around the lips. It’s ideal for lip augmentation, minimizing wrinkles around the mouth and subtly reshaping thin lips into a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
- BELOTERO BALANCE® Dermal Filler: Belotero is a dermal filler made with hyaluronic acid and used to smooth fine lines on the face. We call it the “airbrush” filler.
Interested in finding out more about fillers for lips, cheeks, or other areas? Aesthetics at Illinois Eye Center believes in individualized attention for each and every one of our patients, and that starts with an expert consultation. To schedule your consultation today, call Aesthetics Coordinator Michelle Ford today at (309) 243-3875.