Do you appreciate your lips? Many of us do not give our lips the attention they deserve.
Your lips are important to your cosmetic appeal. They frame your teeth for the perfect smile, help you express your emotions, and improve the symmetry and aesthetics of your face. Your lips make you unique, in that no two people have the same wrinkles and grooves in their lips. They are also an erogenous zone – pursed outward, sensitive, and very kissable.
If you are like many people, though, you may not be giving your lips the care and attention they deserve. Because of their unique anatomy and physiology, your lips are susceptible to a host of problems. For example, your lips do not have sweat or oil glands so they cannot keep themselves moist and this makes them vulnerable to dryness, sun damage, and even cancer.
Aging also affects your lips. Like your skin, your lips lose plumpness and elasticity over time, and this can cause your lips to look thinner and develop fine lines and wrinkles. This is because your body slows down its production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, which are natural substances that provide hydration and elasticity to your skin and lips. Returning moisture to your lips can help them look smoother, plumper, and more youthful.
5 Ways to Show Your Lips You Appreciate Them
Show your lips how much you value them on Lips Appreciation Day this March 15, 2021. This annual holiday gives you a chance to show your lips how wonderful they are. You can appreciate your lips by:
- Using lip balm and lip repair balm to control chapped lips – make sure it is SPF 30 or higher to protect your lips from the sun’s damaging rays
- Removing dry, dead skin gently with a wet washcloth
- Drinking more water to help keep your lips hydrated
- Making your lips look fuller and more youthful with YouthFull Lip Replenisher™
- Plump up and smooth your lips with HA5 Smooth and Plump Lip System
- Mini lip plump with Restylane Kysse or Juvederm
Your lips are an essential part of who you are, and who the world perceives you to be. Give your lips something to smile about on Lips Appreciation Day and on every day of the year.
Visit us online to reserve an appointment at: (link) or call/text us at 309-243-3875.