Are you missing your summertime glow? Aesthetics at Illinois Eye Center has the solution for you. We are pleased to offer the award winning Xen-Tan® sunless tanning lotion. Now you can stay out of the sun’s harmful rays and still get that warm summer glow. The key to realistic color in sunless tanning is a true olive undertone, and Xen-Tan gives even the fairest skins the look of natural and safe summer color.
Xen-Tan is a once-a-week sunless tanning lotion that gives you a deep, rich color with just one application. And the best part is that you can go about your daily activities while your tan develops over time. Within 2-3 hours after application, you’ll develop a natural-looking tan that can last up to 7 days. Put it on before going to bed if you use darker colored sheets. Or wait just 15 minutes after tanning to get dressed. The new time-release complex works with the tanning ingredients for a smooth, flawless self-tan. Shea butter, Vitamin E and Green Tea soothes and hydrates the skin with a light scent of fresh vanilla.
The application process is easy and with a little practice, you are assured to acquire the “perfect” self-tan. Here’s how to apply:
- Shower using an exfoliating body scrub and dry off thoroughly. Don’t apply moisturizers – they tend to dilute and diminish the effect of self-tanners.
- Start by applying the lotion in a circular motion to your thighs. Blend down lightly over your knees and then around your calves. Blend a small amount of the self-tanner in a downward motion over your feet, paying careful attention to blend around your ankles.
- Using a circular motion again, blend the self-tanning lotion over your stomach, chest, and as far around your back as you can reach.
- To tan your entire body, blend tanner over shoulders and down arms ending at the wrist. Keep arms bent so that self tanner distributes evenly over your elbows.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap. Dry hands off thoroughly on a dark towel and apply a small amount of tanner to blend evenly over your hands. Thin skin on hands and feet need less – so a smaller amount will work best here. You can use a bit of rubbing alcohol or moisturizing lotion to wipe off excess product on knuckles after you’ve applied.
For more information, or to purchase this product, give Michelle Ford, Aesthetics Coordinator, a call at (309) 243-3875.