Facial waxing removes unwanted hair from your face, leaving your skin looking smoother and softer. Here are six things you should know about facial waxing.
- Unlike shaving, which cuts off hair at the surface of the skin, waxing removes the facial hair right from its root. As it grows back in, waxed hair is smooth and stubble-free. Shaved hair, by comparison, grows back stiff and stubbly.
- Waxing does not hurt the skin of most people. If you have very sensitive skin, or you are prone to breakouts, opt for professional waxing treatments.
- The more you wax, the less hair will grow back. The hair that does grow back is usually finer than before waxing.
- Facial waxing provides longer-lasting results than do other methods of hair removal. After waxing, it can take 2 to 3 weeks for hair to start growing back. Depending on how fast your hair grows, a facial wax can last for a couple of months.
- While hair grows on nearly every part of the face, facial hair is not all the same. The hair that grows on your chin is generally thicker and has stronger roots, for example, while hair at the hairline and sideburns tends to be longer and finer. Cheek hair can be so fine that it is hard to remove.
Removing the hair from various parts of your face is not all the same either – the skin supporting hair on your lips or in your nose or ears is typically more sensitive, so hair removal requires more care.
Fortunately, facial waxing removes all types of facial hair from nearly every area of your face. Professional waxing treatments involve using the right type of wax and waxing procedure to maximize the benefits of hair removal.
- What you do before the facial waxing treatment can affect its outcome. For optimal results, avoid using skin peels or acid treatments for three to four days prior to waxing. Moisturize well the night before to soften skin, as soft skin improves results. Cleanse your face as normal the day of your facial wax, and avoid exposure to the sun or tanning beds.
If you’re ready to get rid of your unwanted hair, schedule an appointment with our team today by calling us at (309) 243-3875.