Do you ever wish you could simply peel away fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness to reveal smoother, younger-looking skin? Now you can – with a chemical peel.
Dead skin sitting at the surface of the skin cells can cause minor skin imperfections that make you look older and more tired. Washing your face helps remove these dead skin cells, but it leaves many skin cells behind. Chemical peels remove these skin cells and address visible skin imperfections to improve the overall appearance of the skin on your face, neck, or hands.
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are skin-resurfacing procedures in which a skincare professional applies a chemical solution to the skin. The solution removes the top layers of the skin. After the chemical peel, the skin grows back, looking smoother and younger.
Typically done on the face, alone or in combination with other cosmetic procedures, chemical peels reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and skin discoloration.
Administered by skincare professionals, chemical peels are safe and appropriate for all skin types. Skincare professionals apply various chemicals to remove the skin at different depths – superficial, medium, or deep – depending on the desired results. Repeated chemical peels can enhance results.
A superficial chemical peel removes the outer layer of skin to reduce fine wrinkles, treat acne, smooth out uneven skin tone, and alleviate dryness. You can repeat this light chemical peel as often as once every two to five weeks.
Benefits of Chemical Peels
- Chemical peels can help treat several skin problems, such as acne scars, age spots, aging skin, crow’s feet, hyper-pigmentation, wrinkles, scars, and sagging skin
- The procedure can improve skin color, clarity, tone, and texture
- Stimulate the growth of healthy skin cell and new collagen, which provides skin with structure and elasticity
- Provides a radiant complexion
- Helps to clear up breakouts
- Reduces discoloration caused by sun damage
- Smoothes away the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves the effectiveness of other skincare products by removing several layers of dead skin cells, which allows products to penetrate more deeply into the skin
If you are interested in trying out a chemical peel, call our experienced team at 309-243-3875. Vibrant, radiant-looking skin is waiting for you!