You’ve heard the name BOTOX, but what do you really know about this popular injectable? Whether you keep finding yourself wondering “What is Botox Cosmetic?” or simply want more information on nonsurgical ways to refresh your appearance, these five fun facts are the Botox primer you’ve been waiting for.
- It’s FDA-Approved: Your face is your calling card — and the star of those all-important selfies — so quality matters when you’re considering your aesthetic options. Rest assured that Botox is FDA-approved as a treatment for moderate-to-severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines.
- It’s an Effective Way to Slow Down the Signs of Aging: Those FDA-approved treatments mentioned above? They help smooth facial lines that often make people appear older or more tired. By finding a safe, effective way to treat crow's feet and frown lines, you can turn back the hands of time so you can look as good as you feel.
- Treatment is Customized for Your Needs: Botox is rooted in years of research and scientific studies, but Botox is at its best in the hands of a qualified professional, like Dr. Catherine Cuite, who knows how to use the injectable to suit the needs of each individual patient. No two faces are alike, and Botox injections should be tailored so you look like a rejuvenated version of yourself, not like someone else.
- Botox Is Temporary: The effects of Botox typically last about three months — long enough to enjoy your newly streamlined look but relatively short-lived in case you decide to embrace a different aesthetics treatment (or opt for none at all).
- Botox Before and After Images Are Impressive: There really is no substitute for seeing Botox at work. Check out these before and after pictures to see how an injection or series of injections can reduce telltale signs of aging in as little as just seven days.
Have more questions about Botox or any of our other treatment options? Aesthetics at Illinois Eye Center is here to help. Contact us online to request a consultation or call our office today at (309) 243-3875.